The scientific faculty at the center consists of scientific officers, junior
scientific officer, scientific assistant and other supporting staffs of
different sports science discipline, viz. Sports Medicine, Sports Physiology,
Sports Psychology, Sports Biomechanics, Sports Anthropometry, and Training
Method. The human performance laboratory is equipped with modern sophisticated
and important equipments which are being used round the year for conducting
various anthropometric, biochemical and physiological tests for National
campers, inmates of various scheme of SAI and sports persons from outsides on a
nominal charges. The sports medicine unit is also well equipped with various
gadgets/ equipments which are used for recovery and rehabilitation for the
sports person at various levels. Faculty of Sports Science was Established in
the Year 1990 with the Following Objectives:
- To enhance the performance of national level sportsperson through
scientific assessment and evaluation.
- To provide scientific inputs to Indian National Players and Coaches to
formulate scientific and systematic training program.
- To identify and nurture sports talent of various age group of Eastern
- Scientific assessment and evaluation of inmates of different schemes of
SAI in Eastern Region at the time of selection and weeding out.
- To monitor the growth and development, performance and training of
talented children in Eastern region under various schemes.
- To orient the coaches about the modern trends and methods of scientific
training in various sports and games.
- Teaching Sports Science subjects to the Diploma Course, Certificate Course
and Refresher Course Students.
- To take up research projects (Applied/Basic) in the field of sports to
enhance the performance.
- To provide scientific supports and feedback to the local sportsperson who
are regularly training in the campus under Pay Play Scheme or Daily Coaching